Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programing Source Code

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

2Dangerous

2Dangerous

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am rather new to this but I was wondering if it was posible if you could obtain a programing source code from a exe file. I have a old program which is no longer used now the programers gave up on it a long time ago and i cant get in contact with them as they shut down. I was hoping to edit the program and may be even recreate it. First off I know I need a source code, the problem is as they are no longer around I cant get it. Could any one point me in the right direction may be and help me sort this out.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Whether the original company is out of business or the program is out of service does not change the fact that the program itself is someone elses intelectual property....in other words...if they wanted the source code to be available they would have made it available before closing their doors. In light of that fact WE WILL NOT OFFER ANY ASSISTANCE IN THIS MATTER.