Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Emails

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Payton34_*

Guest_Payton34_*
Could someone please tell me how to stop the dozens of emails I am receiving? I have tried to follow the directions offered on the website, but they keep coming. I really appreciate the information provided by this site -- it covers information not found elsewhere -- but enough with the emails.

Thank you

Payton34

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are you talking about stopping the emails from G2G that tell you when someone has replied to a topic that you have posted to? if so go to the my controls area then on the left side down a ways there is a section called view subscriptions...click that then unsubscribe from the posts that you don't want to be notified of

Guest_Payton34_*

Guest_Payton34_*

are you talking about stopping the emails from G2G that tell you when someone has replied to a topic that you have posted to? if so go to the my controls area then on the left side down a ways there is a section called view subscriptions...click that then unsubscribe from the posts that you don't want to be notified of

No, I am talking about emails that start "XXXXX has just posted a new topic entitled . . ."

When I go to My control panel and check, under subscriptions, there are no boxes to check. In one box, I have "unsubscribe" but I am unclear what to do with it. Also, "with selected" is not clear.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Payton 34

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
AH...well you need to choose the section in the control pannel called view Forums...seems that you've subscribed to a full forum of the site...

Guest_Payton34_*

Guest_Payton34_*

No, I am talking about emails that start "XXXXX has just posted a new topic entitled . . ."

When I go to My control panel and check, under subscriptions, there are no boxes to check. In one box, I have "unsubscribe" but I am unclear what to do with it. Also, "with selected" is not clear.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Payton 34

Guest_Payton34_*

Guest_Payton34_*
Again, I find "unsubscribe" and "with selections." What do I click? Thanks

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
select the items you wish to unsubscribe from and then click "...with selected".

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
In your control panel, under Subscriptions, click on View Forums. All the way to the right of the forum name, you will see a small square box. Place a check in that box by clicking on/in it. Now, click on the rectangle that says with selected in it. Viola! You are now unsubscribed from any and all forums you placed the check next to. :whistling: