Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Anyone have preferences on sound cards? Creative Labs is the big name but TUrtle Beach looks like it puts up a good fight against the top competitor. I'm looking to spend under $100. If you have suggestions, please mention the good things about it and possibly a link to a supplier (I like Newegg and TigerDirect a lot).

Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
What are you wanting to do with your sound card??

dermo

dermo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[font=System]
You are not gonna get much for under the $100 mark .... soundcards can be serious business (ie- serious money !!). Creative are great on the domestic front ...M-Audio are good on the entry to serious home audio recording level.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Anyone have preferences on sound cards? Creative Labs is the big name but TUrtle Beach looks like it puts up a good fight against the top competitor. I'm looking to spend under $100. If you have suggestions, please mention the good things about it and possibly a link to a supplier (I like Newegg and TigerDirect a lot).

Thanks! :whistling:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102188

x-fi xtreme music only $111.99 us dollars the time I posted.. -$10 instant savings.

Or either go for a good audigy2, they are both made by creative.

Dont get a cheap brand sound card. You get what you pay for.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I read an article about 2 years ago about sound cards and the performance issues associated with them. The people who wrote the article tested various sound cards and the trend was that the cheaper bargin basement cards reduced system performance especially in games by as much as 25%.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 30 March 2006 - 07:21 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
:blink: I always forget critical information...I want to use this card for gaming, or increased gaming "immersion" so make your ideas based on that :whistling:

EDIT: Change of price as well, just under $200 now, possible towards $150 but ya know...

Edited by BlackPandemic, 30 March 2006 - 10:26 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
X-fi definately, creative are the only company to put in large sums of money into R&D of non commercial budget sound cards and it shows, you can get performance similar to X-fi from other companies but your talking thousands from them. Go creative.