Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fixing the registy

• Please log in to reply

adawg

adawg

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Does any one know if there is any way to fix the Windows registry with a recovery disk? I swear, I'm at my wits end with this.....PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Can you elaberate a little more on FIX?What is broken with it?

Give a specific problem and your Operating System.

If it you have XP as it shows in your info under your name you can use "system restore" to an earlier date than you were having a minor problem.

If you choose a date and it is before you installed any programs you will have to re-install those programs

http://www.microsoft...temrestore.mspx

If it is more of a you can't get it started or something major Lock ups,BSOD ect then more info needed.

adawg

adawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
well i downloaded a virus (qoolaid) and was attempting to get rid of it - only i'm not very computer savvy so if it found an infection i would just press delete - little did i know qoolaid is mostly in system and/or registry files so long story short i am missing registry files. i want to get them fixed and then deal with the virus - at present windows will not run in anything other than safe mode.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should reply to this

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=615431