Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD Burning Problem

• Please log in to reply

reinrev

reinrev

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All,

Ordinary office type PC under Win2K-SP4, about 800Mb RAM, 1K AMD processor.

Believe it or not it's now 6 months that I've been not able to burn a CD. With Nero or any other burning program everything goes through the motions as if all was well until at least 50% of the simulation burn. The progress then stops for an "unknown reason". Even more interesting the burner works great on my second HDD under Linux Red Hat.

Last night I decided that I really should dtry to do something about this and found that in Administrative Tools / Services I didn't have IMAPI CD-Burning COM Services. To my knowledge I have never wiped this. Not having found anything else wrong I'm wondering if this is the problem even when using a "3rd party" burning program? The only other thing I've checked is the registry setting at << HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version, Explorer, CD Burning and Drives >> which is set at "2". I even tried taking the newish LG 8525B burner out and putting my old Plextor burner back in but I only got an I/O device error. Must have upset Win2K?, anyway the LG is back in its' place.

Is it possible to extract ththe IMAPI thing from the CD? If so would someone please type out the cmd. line as I haven't done an extract for about 5 years, since Win98B.

Thanks and Best Regards

Reinrev in Nice, France

Advertisements

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello and Welcome to GTG !!! :thumbsup:

reinrev,

I noticed that you placed your issue in the wrong forum... So I have moved it for you so that you can get better help on your issue...

Hey, Free help for a fee ticket to France for vacationing :tazz:

;)

Here is where I have moved your topic, even though once you click it here in (Off Topic) you will be automatically taken to your topic, which was moved...

HARDWARE
Hardware, Components and Peripherals

Good luck, I am positive that your problem with your CD burner will be taken care of or answered...

Have a good day, and yeah, what’s the weather like in France?

Crafty.... :cheers:

reinrev

reinrev

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Crafty Girl, for the removal job. To answer your question, the weather is just about the only reason to live here. This little corner of France is the only place there's sunshine which is about the norm throughout the winter.
If anyone wants any info from here, just ask. The answer will be straight, I can think of plenty of other places, weather aside, I'd rather live!
Reinrev