Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Catalyst Control center - problem

• Please log in to reply

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hi guys i recently downloaded the new drivers for my ATI raden 9800pro and i got the message saying i needed NET.framework 1.1 or something or other, i downloaded and installed it and then installed my new drivers all seemed fine, but i noticed i had a new user profile which was created by the NET.framework file, i stupidly deleted that account.. and now my ATI control center wont load or open and i get an error message saying something along the lines of you dont have access as though im a limited user..? i tried re installed the NET.framework (dotfix.exe) and it didn't create a new user like before... slightly puzzled would be an understatement... and this Control center problem occurs on ever boot up and every time i try to enter the control center.

Please help me in my hour of need :whistling:

cheers,
whitey

Edited by whitey_VTS, 30 March 2006 - 07:55 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you do a system restore to the day before you deleted the user?

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Well to be clear i actually deleted the NET.framework account easily over a month ago (when i tried to get the 6.11 cat control center), and have just been living without the CAT control center and just using the original contol panel with the 5.11 drivers, but the latest drivers (6.13) dont provide the original control panel so its CAT control center Bundle or just the display drivers (what i currently have), but i cant fiddle with the settings or anything, so i guess i could do a system restore but id rather not as it was 1 maybe 2 months ago now.

*EDIT*

post i made about the trouble a few moths ago http://www.geekstogo...topic=96056&hl=

Edited by whitey_VTS, 30 March 2006 - 09:02 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try uninstalling the .net framework in safe mode...as well as the video drivers...then reinstall the .net framework...then the drivers..

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Yeah i will try that, how do i uninstall the .net framework?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
should be in add/remove programs

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Yea sorry it is, i decided before i try all that i'd download the NET. framework 2.0 and it seems to have done the job

Thanks for your help, no doubt it will mess up after a few reboots and ill be back :whistling:

Edited by whitey_VTS, 30 March 2006 - 10:32 AM.