Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

icons on desktop

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Have heard that too many icons on desktop slows PC down and prevents some programs from operating smoothly. I have 20 on my desktop but pretty much use all of them as I daily clean my PC files, am running one program of malware and keep my AV/windows up to date.

My new Dell is so fast can hardly keep up with it but was unsure if the icon situation may in future cause problems. Can anyone advise?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
um....too many icons on the desktop involves ALOT of icons on the desktop...and it really just slows down boot up time..i've got over 50 icons on my desktop...and have no ill effects from it

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
:whistling: Wow I thought I had a lot of icons on desktop but since you are whizzing along with 50 and no ill effects, I guess I can get by with just 20. Thanks for your feedback - appreciate it.