Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access to MySQL

• Please log in to reply

houstonaxl

houstonaxl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all!!

I am looking for a web designer/database tech. who is trying to get started and needs an oportunity. I cannot pay at this time but credit will be given and a reference when you go to get a real job. A good way to build a portifolio.

need knowledge in MySQL, MyPHPadmin, MS Access, HTML, JAVA and some shopping cart knowledge such as CGI, PERL or PHP.

to see the site you would work on goto http://cards.houstonaxl.com.

Hope to hear from you!

PS. if you stay with me there could be a possible partnership involved. I am a sole owner in my business and really need help in web tech! Pay could be discussed later...

Removed Email Address

Advertisements

TDXkev

TDXkev

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
That looks like a fair amount of work for free :blink:

However, I am curious as to who your host is. My host (BlueHost), has much of what you mentioned somewhat configured by default in different modules (I haven't played with the shopping cart stuff, but they have a few options).

I would check with your host to see if they have something similar.

Also, if you are looking for some basic web design help, I'd be willing to help you out time permitting.

Good Luck! :whistling:

houstonaxl

houstonaxl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks I would like some help? if you can. My host is a free service Pandela.com. they are a little limited on what they offer but it does support MySQL, CGI< PERL & PHP which some free host don't. I will eventually move to a REAL host when I start making some money.

Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If TDXkev will handle the "easy stuff" like MySQL, MyPHPadmin, MS Access, JAVA, and some shopping cart knowledge such as CGI, PERL or PHP, I'll help you with the "hard stuff" like HTML. :whistling:

Or you might want to join one of my HTML groups where you can get more input from more experienced people who have been in the business for years...all free help!

Ron