Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Deleting windows directory.

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hello, I have a question.

I have two hard drives in my system, my main drive that has windows installed on it and a second that has windows on it, but doubtful it will run windows.

Anyways, my question is, I use my second hard drive just for data and etc. and its running out of space, I was wondering if it is alright to delete the windows directory, its roughly 3.2gigs, and I could use that space.

So, can I? or is it going to cause problems? I tested a bit myself, deleted a few files and it gave me a warning saying important files were changed or moved or deleted, please insert your Windows XP Home cd blah blah blah. I restored the files from the recycling bin. Scared it was going to mess up my computer.

So how about it?

Edited by Purgatory, 30 March 2006 - 08:49 PM.

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
We'll need more information on this before we can help you.

Can you tell us why you have a windows folder on both drives? Did the second drive come from another computer, or is this from a second windows installation?