Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Exchange and Public DNS

• Please log in to reply

chbrules

chbrules

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I have setup a private active directory domain and a seperate exchange server. I can send/recieve inside the LAN and send from the LAN, but I'm waiting to get the domain into my control in a couple weeks. I have a web/DNS server coming tomorrow for the company's public site and I'm wondering if my theory is correct.

I will have setup the website and DNS properly for the web, but what about mail? I'll be running this behind a NAT/PAT routed connection on a T1 with a single static address. Would I just make an MX record to my mail server and point back to my IP and forward port 110 (POP3) to my mail server? Thanks!

Edited by chbrules, 30 March 2006 - 10:52 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
pretty much...you may need to set up some NAT/access rules for the exchange box in your router...(i've got such settings) since you'll want your mail server with a static ip...

who are you getting your t1 from that is only giving you a single ip address? i've got a theoretically unlimmited amount of ip's that i can request from our service provider (at&t)...is this a managed internet service? or are you managing the T1 router?