Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton?

• Please log in to reply

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
i uninstalled norton antivirus 2005 in add/remove from control panel, then one time my friend send me a music and then something pop up randomly said Window cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus\ccIMScn.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. ?? i thought i uninstall it......how come i get this message?

Edited by Fusion_Inc, 31 March 2006 - 12:57 AM.

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hey Fusion_Inc,

I think you are having this problem when receiving a file through MSN, right? If so you have to do this:
1)Open MSN Messenger
2)Go to >> Tools >> Options >> "File Transfer" Tab, now either you uncheck "Scan Files for viruses" (which I don't reccomend) or you have to enter the address path of the new Anti-Virus you want to use to check your files.

If I didn't answer you properly, let me know.

Alan :whistling:

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
is from aol instant messenger AIM

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I suggest you go to AIM's settings and search some option regarding File Tranfser, then you should find something similar I told you with Msn. Most probably that your program is still associated with Norton and when he tries to run Norton to check for virii (when you receive a file) he doesn't find Norton. That's why you get that error. If you manage let me know

Alan

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i see thanks now im using NOD 32

how do i locate this anti-virus?

C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe?

Edited by Fusion_Inc, 31 March 2006 - 02:51 AM.

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Yes, most probably thats the address path. You shouldn't have any problem after changing the address path :whistling:

Alan :blink:

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
thanks Alan =)

Edited by Fusion_Inc, 31 March 2006 - 02:59 AM.

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Your Welcome! Hope you've managed! Sorry I couldn't give you precise instructions but I don't use AIM.

Alan :whistling: