Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Do i get pci, pci-e, or agp !

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey there,

I have a HP 085Ch,
3.06 Ghz
1.24Gb Ram

I am lookign for a videocard, to play games such as call of duty 2, etc.. I want these to run everything at top quality so i am farely ok with putting a bit of money into the card.. Thing is, i have been hearing that Pci cards are bad and Pci-e is the best. How can i check what i have and can anyone direct me to a site with some good grafix cards?

Edited by maxshiu, 31 March 2006 - 04:25 AM.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres what a AGP slot looks like. Its next to the white PCI slots there.

If you do have a AGP slot you are in luck. There are still plenty of cards for this slot.If you don't have that AGP slot you will probably need to get a PCI video card. This one is about the best you can buy for PCI.

The good thing about this card is that it is close to what a agp card can do.

If you do have agp there are plenty of cards.

I doubt that you have a PCI-E slot and it would mean you would have to buy a new motherboard and probably some other hardware to run one.