Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autolookup problem in MSAccess

• Please log in to reply

red_elf

red_elf

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hiya,

My database project is due in tomorrow and i really need to fix a problem i am having. I have created a autolookup query which works perfectly but my problem is that the table does not get updated. I have two tables, one patient information and one appointments, in my query i have joined the tables so that when a PR Number is entered, three fields from the appointment field get automatically updated by looking up the matching fields in the patient information table. If i use the query or a form based on the query and add a record the record gets added with no problems however when i view the record i just added in the appointments table, it only shows the PR number with the three fields that were looked up as blank.
I have no expereince with coding or SQL and cannot make reports as they keep showing the blank fields.
:whistling:
Thanks

Advertisements

red_elf

red_elf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hiya
My project deadline has been extended which is great because i still have time to fix my problem, so if anyone has any advice or help it will be greatly appreciated