Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me plz need help

• Please log in to reply

spakasi007

spakasi007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i was woundering if there is something i can get that will allow me to look at in future, i have registered on loads of sites and keep forgetting my password for certain things, i was wundering if there was a macro or something i can use that will remmeber everything that has been typed on my computer??

Advertisements

spakasi007

spakasi007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ne1 there?????????

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Be patient its only been 45 minutes.Someone who knows how to answer or has the info to give has to see it first.

I don't know of one but I am sure someone might.

I do online gaming and have about 100 sites in my favorites I visit to set up matches and just to say Hi

I do a couple things to help me remember.

#1 Use the same user ID in all the forums ie.. TakeBK

#2 Save the site to Favorites

#3 Register to site (They send confirmation E-Mail) DON'T delete it.It normally has your user ID and Pass in the mail they sent back.

#4 Same as #2 if they only send the user ID and no Pass, Forward the mail to yourself with the Pass

#5 Back up E-mails every 15 Days so I always have them if some thing happens

#6 Every 6 months or so I sit down on a Sun morning and visit as many as I can and change Password.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

hi i was woundering if there is something i can get that will allow me to look at in future, i have registered on loads of sites and keep forgetting my password for certain things, i was wundering if there was a macro or something i can use that will remmeber everything that has been typed on my computer??

Hi:

First, I would think you would not like having something that remembers everything you have typed on your PC. Malware already has vicious programs which do that (key loggers) and these are a BIG security proplem.

Most browsers have options/preferences which you can set to copy your form and password information when cruising the 'Net. There may be a Master Password setting for the Password function so you only have to remember the one.

Personally I use RoboForm Pro. The free basic version allows 10 URLs and the associated passwords and form information to be kept. It will generate passwords and save them for you. It will autosave form information too. Pro version allows unlimited passcards. Both work with IE and Firefox browsers. Maybe others too. Don't know. Using it is your choice. Not trying to push a sponsorship of this product here. It's just that is is very convenient and secure using a banking login as I do not have to type anything. Free programs may be available.

Ron