Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pop up error messages.

• Please log in to reply

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Every so often, especially on particular sites, and when clicking on images on google images i recieve this message, very annoying when doing research for collee and such, any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Also, im still experiencing problems with WMP and Real Player not playing online.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Killi

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi Killi,

I suggest you start using FireFox, it is by far better than IE in my opinion. To download it, click on my mini sig at the bottom of my post. Try surfing the same sites with firefox and see if you get the same errors. Let me know please

Alan

Edited by alandemartino, 31 March 2006 - 04:02 PM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
regardless of whether you try firefox and that fixes your problem it is essntial that IE works..... so we still need to fix the problem

number of XP users have reported situations with Internet Explorer 6 becoming corrupted and reporting a number of different errors. While there is certainly no guarantee, the two procedures listed below have restored functionality to IE6 for many users experiencing problems.

Note: Both methods listed require that the Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM be available.

Method 1: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Method 2: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
Click the Search button.
In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 318378 How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I tried using Firefox a long time ago, and it gives me the same problem, just instead of saying IE7 isnt working it says MF isnt working.

Thanks for the speedy reply Mile Runner, will these fixes work with IE7???

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
your welcome :whistling:

and IE 7 is still in beta so no....also just out of curiosity you have instaled both Windows Service Packs if you havent that is your problem right there, IE 7 wont work without both windows service packs

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
So IE7 is my problem then?

Edited by Killi, 01 April 2006 - 10:39 AM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
if you didnt download the two Windows Service packs i am surprised you have gotten IE 7 to run as far as you have :whistling:

also IE 7 is still beta, to be honest i dont know that much about t :blink: , i dont think realy anyone does......i suggest you stick with 6 untill we can get to know it a little bit better :) but if you dont have the service packs that is your problem. and if you do i am not quite sure how helpful i can be anyway. :help:

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok cool, ill get rid of IE7 and see if the problem is still there with IE6
:whistling:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok good call......IE 7 will be good in a couple of months once windows releases it fully

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
it wont let me dl IE6 cos i have a newer version, so im looking for IE7 in add/remove programs and can't find it...
any idea where it is ? :blink: :whistling:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
:) :help: :whistling: ahh.......yeh um i am going to need to go do some reasearch i am not going to be on untill tonight so if you want to try google that may help you otherwise i will help you tonight :blink:

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok, ill try and sort stuff out, ill update on the situation later on tonight.