Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail Accounts

• Please log in to reply

PSBgirl

PSBgirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had Gmail for 5 months now, and never had a problem with it. I even downloaded the email notificator on my desktop. This morning, it says I have a message so I click on it, and it loads my page. I click on the message and it says "Oops! Server is unavailable. Try in a few seconds." So I wait. I try again...it keeps giving me the same message. Suddenly the email notificator icon on my desktop gives me an exclamation point and says "unable to connect to server". I restarted the computer, was able to access other websites like yahoo, hotmail, etc...but gmail continues to be down. I typed in gmail.com just to see...and it says "temporarily unavailable."

I have windows XP. I hope this is a google problem, and not mine! I would hate to lose this account because I recieve important emails on a daily basis. Any thoughts? There must be a way to call Gmail/Google and let them know that something majorly must have crashed.

Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Titanium

Titanium

• Pip
  • 9 posts
It's probably just down. I had alot of problems with other websites that said temporary unavailable. They could be working on it, etc. I'm not an expert, but that's probably why it's down. Since you're viewing other websites, it's probably cause it's down like I explained above.