Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Booting to bias/posting problem

• Please log in to reply

cash2burn

cash2burn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

I have purchased a new Asus motherboard, (P4V8X-MX) and a celeron D 340 processor. I installed it and hooked everything up making sure it was right. When I turn it on and try to get into the bias, all I get is a blank screen. I know the monitor is ok as I unplugged it and hooked it up to my other computer. I already went through all the steps that were in the trouble shooting guide in this forum and still have the same problem. The motherboard is sitting on a peice of cardboard, so it's not shorted out to the case with only the cpu/heatsink and fan, one stick of memory in the main slot, the mouse and keyboard connected, the wires for the power switch and of course the monitor. I have pulled the battery and moved the jumper to reset it, moved the jumper back and installed the battery and still nothing. I double checked the processor installation and of course used some heat sink compound when installed. I don't know what else it could be or what I can try. Any ideas out there or if you had this problem yourself or heard of it before, please let me know. It's definitely frustrating and disapointing to say the least. Thanks for your time and help.

Paul

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
does this monitor have onboard video as well as whatever expansion video you're using?

cash2burn

cash2burn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm just using the motherboards built in video and not an expansion card. The monitor is just a Dell 17 inch LCD.