Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Boot Error

• Please log in to reply

dawgma

dawgma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I restart the computer, the XP load screen comes up briefly, and then a blue screen pops up with this error message:

----------------------------------------------------
xmnt2002 program not found - skipping AUTO CHECK

autochk program not found - skipping AUTO CHECK
----------------------------------------------------

at which point the computer restarts and the same thing happens all over again. I only have access to the BIOS right now.

I've tried to repair XP by booting up with the original disk, but that didn't work. I have another partition running XP that I do have access to, if that can help me somehow. But I have no access to the first (my main) partition..

I've Googled this error and read a number of forum links, but most of them just suggest using windows repair.. or it trails off to some other issue.

Now... I have used Partition Magic on this computer, and I did read a comment somehwere that said uninstalling Partition Magic could help get rid of that screen. But how do I uninstall a program on an operating system that I don't have access too?? And even if I get access to the folder in DOS, I can't just *delete* the program folder.. it needs to be properly uninstalled.

What do I do?

Advertisements