Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Centinal Vxd

• Please log in to reply

Elmbridge

Elmbridge

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am working Windows XP Professional SP2, with Panda Titanium 2005 & AVG anti-virus. I also have Spy Cleaner Gold, Ad-Aware. SP Personal & Spybot.

I have done a search for Centinal Vxd & there is one thread that is now closed. The guy had picked up this thing & a reply from tampabelle, said he should install service pack 1a before she would help him. He didn't reply, so the thread was closed. He was using XP Home.

3 days ago, I picked up something that made my main browser uncontrolable, as my Hard Drive kicked in to overdrive, as if it was doing a manual Anti-virus scan, but in triple time. The only way to shut down the PC, was by clicking Alt-Ctrl-Delete. I was unable to close my browser as that had become locked, so I closed my PC down. As the closing procedure started, I got a box asking me to close my browser, which I did, then I got another box, saying this program was running & I had to close it to. The name given was Centinal Vxd. I closed that & shut down finished.

When I re-started my PC I cleaned out Temperoy Internet files, Temp folder (doc & settings) & Cookies. I emptied my Recycle Bin & started Panda & did a full manual search. 2 viruses were found in Systems & these were automatially deleted. I started my normal browser (slimbrowser) & got to my home page & that's all the surfing I did. I then started Ad-Aware for a full swipe, followed by Spybot. Half way thru Spybot's swipe, my Hard Drive went in to triple spead again & I ended up closing my PC the same way. I got the box again for my Browser which had become unresponsive, followed by the Centinal Vxd box again.

When I restarted I did another Panda Anit-virus scan & again, it found & deleted 2 viruses in my system. I restarted my browser & got to my home page (Google Search page) & just left it there. I then opened Firefox I went to a trusted surfing site that I visit eveyday, www.solidinvestments.com & opened that site. Even though I have been having trouble with surfing, none of it started when I was in the site. I did my usual things & closed that site. I then went to Google site & did a search for Centinal & came up with loads or results. Whilst reading these, my little icon, representing my connection to the Ineternet, the 2 little screens remained grey. Suddenly they were full blue, indicating I was downloading something. My Green lights on my Broadband Modem external box, also started flickering, denoting that I was receiving Bites, yet I was not asking for anything. Shortly afterwards, my Hard drive kicked in again, & I ended up shuting myPC down, still with this Centinal Vxd box.

This is how my life has been like for the past few days, as this Centinal Vxd thing has taken over my PC. I did a system restore, back to a date that was over 6 days prior to getting this thing, that has made no difference. Everytime I restart my PC, I go thru the same procedure evertime now & Panda finds these 2 viruses in my system & automatically deletes them. I can only think that when Centinal Vxd starts working, it goes to a hidden Internet site that downloads these 2 viruses every time, even though nothing shows up.

I have hunted & found nothing. I have had very little sleep & this thing is winning every time.

Please help me get rid of it or I will be faced with a full re-build.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
You are running both Panda and AVG antivirus packages. This is a very bad idea. Pick one to keep and one to delete immediately. This can easily cause lockups and crashes.