Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am I being Hacked?

• Please log in to reply

computerblue1

computerblue1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I am a single parent that was in a bind for money and purchased a used/rebuilt pc from a friend of a friend and thought i got a fantastic deal. Turns out that that friend of a friend is a perverted hacker that is constantly looking through my personal files and websites. I'm no IT person but I do know a little enought to know that he is violating me and invading my privicy.

I've asked him to come over and remove everything (network/remote programs) from the pc but he is to embarrassed to do so and gives me a BS story of i'll come over and do it. HE NEVER DOES !

I need to find out how to wipe him and all his access to my pc because it's getting out of hand. Yesterday my media player was open to video clips that he has on the pc that are xrated. I left the media player playing a cd so I know it's getting out of hand. When i try to access or delete his files I get the following error:

"Cannot delete (xxxxxxxx): Access is denied.
Make sure the disc is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." along with you cannot delete becuse you do not have administrator priviges.

-PLEASE HELP ME?? I HAVE A 8YR OLD HERE THAT PLAYS ON THE PC.

-Jessica

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I split the topic and edited the quote

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum