Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losiing Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

DawnR

DawnR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've just bought a new laptop. Windows XP SP2. I'm using a BT Voyager 205 ADSL router with it.

First thing I did was install AVG anti virus and Zone Alarm and disabled Windows Firewall.

The problem I have is my connection won't stay up for long periods. It just takes me to the usual error page you get when you are not connected (Page cannot be found).

I've tried deleting everything in the cache and restarting IE but nothing works except rebooting the PC. Then it works again until it cuts out again.

I've never had a problem with Zone Alarm before but could it be doing this.

Advertisements

gmfreak

gmfreak

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hey,

I have been having the same exact problem.

Ever since i bought my compaq computer, and hooked it up to a belkin wireless adapter, about every 10 minutes to a half hour it disconnects... exept with mine i just disconnect the router, reconnect it, and it works again, either that or i leave it connected and it takes about 10 mins for it to work, but it also disables faster again.

I have no idea what to do i just wanted 2 let you know your not the only one out there and im going to go make a post also.

when this happens try disconnecting your computer from the internet, then reconnecting it and see if it connects.