Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whew great debate here

• Please log in to reply

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So were standing on the corner last night, and were listening to some kid singing some rap music who we promptly chased off the corner, .oh and Yes I am 45 and still hang out on streetcorners! : )

Ok, so then this topic comes up, Who is the best american born guitarist?
We decided after a bit that this was too general so the REAL DEBATE STARTED!
Who was the best born "Texas Guitarist" .yes, we went state to state but Texas has so many in case you didnt know, Ill post mine after I read a few posts to see what you people say........

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
i'm not sure if he was from texas or not, but in my eyes the best guitarist is by far Jimmy Hendirx, runner up is Santana

SilverBird

SilverBird

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Santana was born in Autlan de Navarro, Mexico and Hendrix was born in Seattle, Washington but they are/were great guitarists.

Texas-born guitarists? T-Bone Walker was a great blues guitarist. (BB King was born in the Mississippi Delta region and was greatly influenced by T-Bone Walker - BB King is on my top ten great guitarists list.)

Buddy Holly - great artist who influenced many others.

Roy Orbison - great artist with so many great songs to his credit.

Jiles Perry Richardson Jr, aka The Big Bopper - born in Texas. [Chantilly Lace still has me dancing around the kitchen when it's played on the radio even if The Big Bopper isn't a contender for the greatest Texas-born guitarist. I was seven years old when this record was in the charts - I danced to it them and still rate this song now! "Oh, baby, you know what I like."]

Other Texas-born guitarists? Blind Lemon Jefferson, Lightnin' Hopkins, Blind Willie Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughan to name a few. Great blues influences that filtered through to groups such as The Rolling Stones.

Also, Rocket Ritchotte from Steppenwolf and Don Henley from The Eagles.

That's enough for now.