Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2003 Word

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

baseball4life34dz

baseball4life34dz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a version of office 2003 pro and when im in word ill be sitting there typing and all of a sudden it will lock up and the letters split for example if i type a word like <always> and at that time it locks up that line im on or one of the lines ive already types will like split like if the word product is split the top part of the lettering will shift to the left of the screen causing like a scrambling affect if u've seen this happen or know why its happening please please reply to me as soon as possible thank you

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I would try to repair the Office 2003 installation:

Start -> Control Panel -> Add & Remove Programs -> Scroll down to Office 2003 and click Change

You should get the Office 2003 installation window. Select the option to Repair, and restart the system. If that doesnt work then, uninstall Office 2003, delete the Microsoft Office folder under C:\Program Files (if you used the default install location). Restart the computer, and install Office 2003. Hope that this helps and please post back either way.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You should also download the latest Service Pack for your version of Office at Microsoft Office Downloads. Click the link Check for Updates, install all of the updates(might have to go back if the computer needs to be restarted). Hope that this helps.

baseball4life34dz

baseball4life34dz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
See the thing is that i installed it on a few other computers and it seems to work fine for them ive tried to unistal i even tried reformatting my hard drive could i be my hard ware is compatible i mean idk if i should say it or not but its a downloaded version off a P2P network could it be a bad file was sent or idk i know how to fix most problem but this is freakin me out cuz if i remember right i had a lagit 2000 office n it did the same thing....but thanks for the help ill try the repair option but please post back

baseball4life34dz

baseball4life34dz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
See the thing is that i installed it on a few other computers and it seems to work fine for them ive tried to unistall i even tried reformatting my harddrive could it be my hardware is not compatible i mean idk if i should say it or not but its a downloaded version off a P2P network could it be a bad file was sent or idk i know how to fix most problem but this is freakin me out cuz if i remember right i had a lagit 2000 office n it did the same thing....but thanks for the help ill try the repair option but please post back

(THIS IS JUST A REVISED VERSION SO U CAN READ IT BETTER MY SPELLING BEFORE SUCKED SORRY ABOUT THAT)

(READ THIS ONE)!!!!!!!

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Sorry we can not help you. Please reread the Board Rules, since you have agreed to them. The post violates this:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law

The Admin will be notify about this post, and it is most likely be closed.

Edited by DHooper, 28 February 2005 - 09:18 AM.