Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone Jack Issues

• Please log in to reply

The Trumpeteer

The Trumpeteer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, this is a weird situation I'm in. The end of a headphone broke off inside the headphone jack in my computer and it is stuck. I've tried to get it out with tweezers, but no luck so far, any suggestions?[size=1]

Edited by The Trumpeteer, 01 April 2006 - 04:43 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is it a front panel that is removable or is it a back one attached to the mobo, if its removable you might have more luck if you remove the panel, mi trying to find a magnet to see if the things are magnetic but i cant see one in here but magnetic screwdrivers are sometimes handy to get things out of things if of course they are magnetic and i cant remember of audio jacks are.

The Trumpeteer

The Trumpeteer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it is not magnetic, which sucks, but it is the back panel connected to the motherboard. I've even tried sucking it out with a vacuum cleaner, but there is a little metal piece that makes it so headphones won't just fall out. The metlal piece is keeping it in there.

Edited by The Trumpeteer, 01 April 2006 - 04:51 PM.

The Trumpeteer

The Trumpeteer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
any other suggestions? is the headphone jack inseperable from the mother board?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If its the backpanel it wont be coming off, either really small tweasers or a thin paperclip(perhaps file it down) youll need something thats going to be small enough and sharp enough to gain a purchase on the jack.

It an akward problem cant say ive ever had that happen to me its pretty hard to do.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Tweasers or a good pair of needlenose pliers should work, unless it is really far in. Both need to be good quality tools, not the typical cheap tools.

You might also make sure that there is no access from inside the computer. Sometimes there is some access, although others are completely enclose. While it is possible to remove the jack from the motherboard by unsoldering it, I would use that as a last resort and only if you are good at using a soldering iron.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Is there any of the broken piece sticking out of the jack at all?

-=jonnyrotten=- :whistling:

The Trumpeteer

The Trumpeteer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No the piece was just the end of the headphone plug-in and is at the very back of the jack.