Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer help please

• Please log in to reply

phishkid

phishkid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, i am new here and come to you guys for help, if you don't mind :whistling: . Lately, i have desided to try and clean up my computer and get rid of stuff that isn't needed on here. Well, i was recommended to try out this anti-virus program called AVG. So, i gave it a shot, and it found like 5000 some viruses/trojans on my computer, and it deleted a majority of them, but not all. Well, once i did that, i looked around through my files and folders and such to try and delete stuff not needed on here. I do not know where i should begin with to start looking to start getting stuff off here thats not needed and taking up room and slowing my computer down. Anyhelp would be extremely appreciated. O' yea, anyone have any good programs to download to help and keep my computer free of viruses/trojans and such. Right now, i currently am running Zone Labs Security Firewall/ Virus/Trojan scanner ( don't know if anyone has heard of it or not), and i just got rid of the AVG program, because it really wasn't helping me much. Sorry for the long post, but i really need help. Thanks again guys

Edited by phishkid, 01 April 2006 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

You should have gone here:

Malware Removal Section of this forum.

Read :

How-to remove malware guides and tutorials

and then follow the directions of the HiJackThis experts that will be in contact with you if you feel you need to post in that part of the forum.

Ron