Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for automated code

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok, I saw a site today that showed users their IP Address followed by City, State, and Country.

I know how to display the viewers IP address, but how do I get the City,State, Country part. I can only imagine that the code actually looks to the location of the internet host location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
last time i helped someone with ip tracing....some of the admins and mods got mad at me.....i do not know if staff here are at liberty to discuss this kind of a quesiton. just letting you know.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I'm not looking to log the IP address, It's just a saw a an April Fools Joke site that made it look like the Government was catching your information. I don't need to log it, just so the user see's it when they view the page.

For example the code:
<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR" -->
will return the IP Address of a user, it will not be logged, but simply shown as text. That is all I want to do. I hope nobody get's the wrong Idea.