Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Input not supported?

• Please log in to reply

Cutebutts

Cutebutts

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My son is currently experiencing computer problems. Windows is taking longer to load, games are lagging and freezing with the sound looping, and then freezes completely. Previously, he would get an error that said "Input not supported" with Radeon 9550 graphic card. Now he has installed a Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS and it got worse with the picture scrambling but no error. He first started having problems a few weeks after he got an Acer 1916 flat screen LCD monitor.

Specs are:

Motherboard Asus K8V-X
Processor Anthon 3000
1.5 gigabytes ram - slots 1 & 2

He has reformatted his computer and still has the problem. He has also done a virus scan.

Sorry if this is not posted in the right area. Any suggestions???

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi, and welcome to GTG!

I have the Acer AL1916W monitor too, if that is the same one. You just have to put the settings on (games like counter-strike) "Widescreen 16:10". Also, if you are having problems with lag you should use a cache and unneeded items deleting program, like www.ccleaner.com.

I'm also using the ATi Radeon 9800XT. I used to have problems with the ATi Catalyst drivers, now I have downloaded the OmegaDrivers (www.omegadrivers.net) I have no problems. Omega supports Radeons and GeForces. Try using the omegadrivers.

Also, if you:
Clikc start > right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager.

Do you see any hardware with a yellow (!)?

Thx.