Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OpenGL problem

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I am not 100% sure that this is an opengl problem and after spending agonizing and painstaking time to try and re-install the game, as well as the display drivers I turn to the best source of help I know.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop, I know, it's a Dell
Specs: 2 Ghz Processor
1 Gig RAM
80 GB Hard Drive
Geforce GO 6800 256MB Graphics card

Program with Problem: Bridge Builder

My problem is that this OPENGL program is running extremely slow on my laptop. My Desktop which is similar to my laptop has a few more perks.. More memory Hard Drive and Processor, but the laptops video card is superior by far.

I found this on their site: "If Pontifex/Bridge Builder is really slow on your system, you probably only have software support. You need to download and install new drivers to enable hardware OpenGL support. Use www search engines to find them. This will make all OpenGL games faster on your machine."

Which leads me to believe I needed the latest drivers. Nvidia.com drivers told me that my hardware was not compatable with the latest drivers. I didn't understand why.

So now I look for help. Can anyone help me find the drivers/system edit I need to make in order to make this work? Thanks.

Edited by Immortalarena, 01 April 2006 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Immortalarena!

You can try THIS SITE for the updated video drivers for your laptop. One thing I would ask though, is do you have service pack 2 installed on your computer? If you don't, then it's possible that you don't have DirectX 9.0c installed on your computer. To check this go to START-->RUN and type dxdiag. Under the SYSTEM tab it will show you your DirectX version.

Fenor

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks for your reply. I actually downloaded the Dell link that you gave me before, and I double checked and tested all the dxdiag to see if everything was ok.

I am currently going to try and run the Omega drivers, anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advanced