Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to download ActiveX

• Please log in to reply

koey

koey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I have been searching on Google for days, and checked out answers on other forums, but still can't fix this. I often get the Info bar at the top stating that I can't load a web page because my computer is not set to accept active x. Sometimes when I click on the bar, I just get the "more info" link, sometimes when I click on it I get the option to download Activex. But if I choose that option, I get no errors or anything, nothing at all happens.
I've checked and rechecked my security settings per Microsoft as well as several other forums, they seem to be where they need to be.
Then someone said it was caused by the Service Pack 2, so I un-installed that from my computer, but the results haven't changed at all.
Can anyone help me with this? I'm running Windows XP
Thanks in advance,
Koey

Advertisements