Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

uninstalling a downloaded program

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi, I downloaded a peer-peer program which I now cannot delete from my computer as teh uninstall program does not work. I have tried going through command prompt (in start - programs) without success. Any ideas how I can remove this program? Thanks.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi there dan7brit.

Maybe the program you downloaded was not a P2P program and infact malware. This proves once again that P2P programs SUCK.

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Total agreement with the above but just a thought in case,

press windows flag botton and R botton
type; msconfig
go to; start ups
see if something sounding like that program is there and unclick it
then restart and try to remove program as usual

Also, same msconfig
go to; boot ini
see the little safemode box and click it
then restart in safemode and again try removing it

lastly, a program called unlocker which can often overide the anti uninstall

However, as pointed out above correctly, there are a lot of programs that just don't want to budge so if these ideas tips fail it will mean that it it is something bigger worth removing with the steps you will see there and hjt logs cleaning.