Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics/PC - I dont know?

• Please log in to reply

Dave55

Dave55

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently built my own PC, i had done it before, but i've been having problems with it since i built it.

System Specs :

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ @ 2210MHz (http://www.abit.com.tw/ AN8 Series(NF-CK804) mainboard) 02(RAM02) 1.5GB, 1.08GB free 02(HDDs02) 233GB, 198GB free

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (256MB), 1600x1200x32, 60Hz (OS) Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2), 7m 24s uptime, 17h 1m 38s uptime record

Everything had been fine for a week or so, then i started to get graphical glitches in some of my games, i tried many different drivers but no luck. I'd also been getting some BSODS. Anyway, i finally took my graphics card back to the shop with my PC and they replaced it.

Everything had been going fine, until the other day. I noticed after playing Warcraft 3 (Not very high end PC worthy) that everything was jerky, very jerky, but it was happening every so often. I checked my CPU usage from the task manager and it was all over the place.

Then whilst playing World of Warcraft yesterday the PC would go to a black screen and then flash back to normal. Finally, which has lead me to make this post, i was playing World of Warcraft once again, when the screen froze and i was returned to a desktop in 680 resolution and an error like the following.

Posted Image

I am going to try some different drivers since i hadn't tried any since id had my graphics card replaced. I'm really not sure whats wrong.

One thing ive noticed, as i speak now. I've rebooted and got no programs running. My graphics card is running at 49c, but it has been running all morning. It can get upto 62 whilst games are running. I dont think over heating is a problem.

I have a 580 Watt power supply.

My memory is 2x Geil Dual Channel memeroy. 1gig in total and
1x Corsair 512 Pro Series memory.

Advertisements

Dave55

Dave55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I restarted and had a Serios error pop up. This is what i got from it.

Posted Image

Dave55

Dave55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just installed the new drivers and everythings working fine as normal, but it could go wrong at any point.

This is a very high-end PC, it says Disabling Hardware Acceleration could work, but for a PC like this, should i really need to?

Does anyone think it could be the Graphics card? Or a hardware conflict? I've never had Dual Core before

Edited by Dave55, 02 April 2006 - 09:29 AM.

Dave55

Dave55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No problems lately, think it must have been the drivers.