Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wiring Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

Mysty

Mysty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a question; when I was installing my PCI express Video Card a wire became disconnected I was being really careful but the edge got caught on the end of bracelet and when I lifted my hand up it came out of its slot. Now I put it back in where I thought it went; to a 3 Prong Speaker. But now I am not sure if I put it in the right spot and it's been driving me crazy as to whether I put it in the right place. I have been searching online for wiring instructions for this particular port; but I can't find any. does anyone know anything about wiring for this port: DIGITAL AUDIO OUT; S/PDIF PORT

I found a Pic at this website of a Similar computer to mine; mine is the same model but different Specs. But this is the Pic of the back of my computer and it points to the port; just so you know exactly which port I am talking about; scroll down the page to where you can see the back of the computer and on the right hand side of the pic is the port I am talking about:

http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=1723226

Now on the inside of the computer it's just a Thin Cable Covered in White and there are 2 wires actually inside the white sleeving; if I remember correctly 1 wire was blue and the other was black (but I could be wrong) if you need me to look again I can. But if someone is familiar with the Wiring of this Port please let me know. thanks.

Chris; Mysty
Like the Morning Sun You Come & Like the Wind You Go

Computer Specs
CPU: Athalon 64 - 3800 + - x 2
RAM: 2g : 1g - 400mhz - 3200 DDR
1g - 2/512 3200 DDR - 400mhz
Video Card: BFG GeForce 7600GT OC - PCI Ex16 - 256
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 w/Bose Speakers
HD: Seagate 250 Sata 7200rpm
PSU: Antec Smart Power 2.0 - 500w
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. The link you posted returns this result: We're Sorry, The Page You've Requested Could Not Be Found. Not sure I understand what you did...was it that you pulled the connector loose from the motherboard and/or graphics card or did you pull wires out of the connector? If you have a DIGITAL AUDIO OUT; S/PDIF PORT it should go to a device looking for DIGITAL AUDIO IN; S/PDIF PORT. Look at your motherboard manual and the graphics card manual. That should answer the question.

Mysty

Mysty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Austin: thanks for your help; but I figured it out; I took a bright enough light and placed my case on a table where I could view everything; I kind of new the area where the other end went; and I did have it plugged into the wrong place; it wasn't supposed to go to the speaker 3 wire port; but the port that basically said
SPDIF; which was right next to the 3 prong speaker Port. It was the wire that went fromt he back of the Audio Out Port to the MOBO. I am pretty sure it's in the right place now; but if you think I'm wrong let me know. I have been trying to get the Motherboard Manuf. & Model # from Acer; but I still haven't heard back from them. They put very little in with the Comptuer Case as far as Manuals. A basic Tech Spec and a How to Install and that was it. Which is very annoying when trying to set up thinks like Spped Fan and Motherboard Monitor.

But if you do know for a fact where the Wire Goes basically from the Back of the Digital Audio Out Port SPDIF to the MOBO you can verify whether I was right or wrong; Like I said I knew basically the area it came from and I only had 2 choices; 3 Prong Speaker or 3 Prong SPDIF. So I moved it from Speaker to SPDIF once I had everything well lit and could read the edge of the MOBO.

If you happen to know what type of Motherboard is in the E360 I would love to know. I tried doing the Keyboard Error thing; and that wouldn't work; I also tried going into the setup screen and copied everything down from the computer Info and Bios Info. But inputting that into the information tools to help detect MOBO's didn't bring me any results. Hopefully Acer will answer my Emails.

Thanks Again
Chris