Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Proxy.Raser

• Please log in to reply

Ryanus Maximus

Ryanus Maximus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had like 10 million different trojans, it was a miracle that my computer didn't crash. But I started using McAfee anitspyware to get rid of them. After the first time, it got rid of almost all of them. I tried installing Spybot Search and Destroy, and the trojan would cancel the installation. As well as Ad-ware, in the middle of the scan it would cancel the Ad-aware scan. It would just get out of the scan.

After a few more scans, and getting rid of other trojans/viruses, my computer would soon was able to completely install Spybot Search and Destroy. Adware was able to completey run. But, with McAfee, I keep on scanning and it keeps on finding Proxy-Raser and/or Proxy-Raser.dr. When the seach is over, it gives me the option to delete the files. But, after I delete the files, I run McAfee again to find out that it has reproduced into a different folder. Sometimes it is in \system32 , or sometimies it was in some unaccessable files.

I downloaded Killbox, which is a program that deletes annoying programs like this when they are un-deletable files. When i tried, it tried to and said that it couldn't. Soon I ran another virus scan to find out that it had infected Killbox.

Also, I would try to go to the Task Manager, but when I press Crtl+Alt+Del, it comes up with the usual professional menu that gives the option to either Shutdown, Log Off, ect.... . But, Task Manager is shaded and cannot be accessed.

Can anybody help me with Proxy-Raser or Proxy-Raser.dr ???? It is very tricky, but I would appritiate some help. Thanks!

"Bill, something strange is afoot at the Circle K"
-Bill 'n Ted's Excellent Adventure

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hi :whistling:

Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here . Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files\ as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
  • Run HijackThis
  • Click SCAN and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')
  • POST the log into this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Ryanus Maximus

Ryanus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok....well I think that I managed to get rid of the Proxy-Raser becuase it's not coming up under the scans. But, it turns there were two other trojans, one was easy and was cleaned up easy with Ad-aware. But, now there is something called AlfaCleaner. ?!?. I do not know what this is, but i do know that when Ad-aware finds it, almost a minute later, Ad-Aware is shut down. Same when i do a search on Windows, it just closes after a few minutes. My guess is that when AlfaCleaner is detected, it closes out of the search. I have no idea if this is right, but it's just a geuss. I just ran Hijackthis and here is the report.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:39:43 PM, on 4/14/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\6DBC.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\masalert.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.EXE
C:\Windows\xpupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\HalReader\HalReader.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\inet20004\services.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IExplorerHelper Class - {E89097ED-3400-411D-9647-D368C3311C98} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\IeHelperExVS.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\masalert.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSPVideo9] C:\Program Files\pspvideo9\pspVideo9.exe -t
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemLoader] C:\WINDOWS\sysldr32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.EXE 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows update loader] C:\Windows\xpupdate.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader Startup.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.r...ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} - http://www.nick.com/.../GrooveAX27.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Mixer - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sndmixex.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: msupdate - msupdate32.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ur32artreg - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Settings\ur32art.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Service - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm11.exe

Please help!
Thanks

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.