Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How To Build A New Tower

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes I'm going to build me a new System,and I need help with which brand of motheboard to use.I want to use one of the full tower cases with a window and multiple fans,Somthing like, the Black Lian Li PC-75b.I want a Penium 4 Procesor,1 to 4 gigs of ram,and 80 to 200 gig HD,DVD, Burner, CDR....I plan on useing it for some games,surfing,ect. O and I want it to have some neon lights,to light up the inside of the case.

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi, and welcome to GTG.

What exactly do you want us to do... Explain how to build a system, or find parts for you to buy?

Please define your posts.

Thanks.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah more definition would be nice, asthetics pick your case and lights and fancy fans can be added whenever. for gaming you dont want a pentium you want an amd athlon or an X2, and 4 gigs of ram is alot and expensive.

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
O.K I need to know will these parts work together, Intel LGA 775 Pentium 4 640 3.2 GHz CPU with 2MB Cache-and Muskin DDR2 533(PC2 4200) memory 1 GB(2x512MB Dual Channel Kit,could I use more rame like 2 one Gig sticks instead of two 512,and still have a slot left for more ram latter.Mother board will be Asus P5lD2-VM, LGA775,Dual core,Dual DDR2 667,PCI Express,SATA 2, Video, GB Lan& HD Audio. Can I use a 56K modem here aswell?...Optical Drive Black Nec ND-3550A 16xDVD Double Layer Burner....And I really want this to be a Intell machine,I dont know muck about AMD I plan on useing intell pentium as long as it's around.it's all I ever used,works for me....And I hop the mother board will work in this Mid tower,Cooler Master Centurion 5 cac TOS-WWA ATX Case...Idont think I'll need a Full Tower after all.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
AMD's are WAY better for gaming and multitasking. After getting my AMD I will NEVER use another pentium product ever again. They load faster, they play better, just overall they are MUCH better than a pentium. I'd recommend you get the asus A8R32sli. Its a SWEET board. I wouldve gotten it myslef but they didnt release it until AFTER I got my nvidia based one (A8N32SLI). The A8R is ATI crossfire based, and itll make for a SWEET gaming setup, anything hardcore videorelated. And another thing this thing runs at true 32x. Most SLI mobo's out now only run at 16x (whats the point of gettin a 16x sli?). Just my opinion.
-Pete.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well first things first Marty to make our lives easier space your posts out, paragraphs at least space it out, i also like bullet points. Just makes our lives easier and the answers more concise written as it is now its easy to miss stuff.

P-zero is right that AMD is the better option for you, cheaper and better performing, also the pentiums have just recently been replaced intel are no longer using the pentium brand name.

From what i can gather, you picked 1Gb of memory, i would get two 1Gb sticks i would probably go corsair myself but mushkin is a good brand as well, get a quality brand but none is to different form the other just get the cheapest.

For a gaming rig youre going to need to pick a Gfx card.