Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Our of system resources

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

I keep getting a "out of system resources" error - mostly when I am in Outlook

I do not have any thing running in the forground and just the spy/virus scans in the background

the only solution is to log out of outlook and sometimes restart the computer, then it will let me do the action I was trying,

I have gone to the GTG and cleaned the malware etc.

I have also asked this in the MS forum but no responces
thanks for your help

mike

ive had the same problem before. but it happend on every program i opend. but wen i got more RAM for my computer it stoped saying that.

Advertisements

mcintyre

mcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Dan

Thanks however I am running with 512 Mb so it should not be the issue

Mike

mcintyre

mcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Wanabe 1,

Hi

A am using AVG antivirus, Ad-Aware SE, Microsoft Antispyware, Spybot S & D

When I started with you I was using Windows XP firewall, Now I am using Zone Alarm

It appears that when ever I disable the firewall both windows or ZA then I do not get the error!!

I ran the outlook fix like you suggested and then used outlook with Zonealrarm running and I got the error, Since I have disabled ZA no error

Mike

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yepper...ZoneAlarm can be a trouble maker. Uninstall that and get yourself a different firewall. OR use the Windows firewall and download Windows Defender Beta from Microsoft. That should take care of your problem.

wannabe1

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
the best anti-virus/firewall iv'e come across is AVAST.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Actually, daniel...Avast! is Anti-Virus...not a firewall. :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
what ever Samething. when i downloaded it from a website it said that avast is a firewall/anti-virus.

Edited by daniel_c, 12 April 2006 - 07:39 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Completely different animals daniel_c...not the same thing at all. They cover two completely different aspects of protection. A firewall monitors traffic that comes into and goes out of the machine and allows you to contol that. An AV application monitors the scripting and coding in the traffic that you or the firewall allow to come into the machine and looks for malicious code or suspicious activity directed at the registry. The old apples and oranges analogy... :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
well i guess i just learnt something.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Stick around...I learn something new about every ten minutes here... :whistling:

Advertisements