Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Webshots/nView clash?

• Please log in to reply

LuNa7ic

LuNa7ic

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Having owned a GeForce 6200 videocard for some time now, I was looking through the bundled software and discovered the nView desktop utility. To my delight, it gave me the option to make open folders in Windows XP transperant, allowing my desktop wallpaper to take away some of the 'harshness' of XPs white colour scheme. Unfortunately, sometime later I found that when I hit the desktop button on my quick launch toolbar, there was a big ugly darkened blotch on my wallpaper, and my taskbar disappeared only to reappear when I moved my mouse over where it had previously been located . After fiddled around for a while trying to fix the problem, I found that I didnt have the same problem when I manually minimsed my open programs one by one.

For now I have disabled nView but I was wondering, has anyone here encountered this problem before, and if so do you know how to fix it? I have webshots Desktop enabled so that my wallpaper automatically cycles every 15 minutes, and I think the problem is some kind of clash between it and nView. Other background applications include Winamp, Steam, Spybot S&D and Vet Antivirus.

Thanks for your time,
LuNatic

Advertisements