Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Lets start out with some general scans and see if we cant clean things up a little.+++++ Step 1 +++++
Please download ewido security suite
it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesOpen Ewido Security Suite
and do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
- Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido security suite.+++++ Step 2 +++++Please run a Scan at any of the Following sitesSymantec/NortonTrend MicroBitDefender On-Line Virus ScanPanda ActiveScanF-SecureKaspersky
Make sure that you choose the "fix" or "clean" option when availablePlease Take note of any files that were uncleanable and post the filenames here in your next reply+++++ Step 3 +++++
Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknigh.../HijackThis.exe
- this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.
1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Post back with those logs and we can continue from there.
If you have received help elsewhere or no longer need our assistance, please let us know.