Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Auto Detect

• Please log in to reply

kreatiff

kreatiff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Did you manage to get a solution to your problem ?

I'm receiving the same error message - and I'm installing or trying to install new operating system...

Think its a booting error too...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have a cd drive in the machine as well? is it on a different IDE cable than the HD? if so try switching the cables...(use the cable that's going to the CD for the HD) while you're back there see how the drive is jumpered (master, slave, cable select?)

kreatiff

kreatiff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Thanks for getting back to me so quickly - I'm really pulling what little hair I have left out on this one.

I've tried switching the little black disk type selector around - at the moment its now looking for a 'bootable' disk, so I'm scratching my head now rather than pulling out my hair! I'm going to go ahead and try and create a Win2k bootable on four diskettes... what do you think ?