Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I'm having issues with Outlook Express. On the taskbar is the "mail icon" that opens Outlook EX and that works fine.

On the IE6 Navigation taskbar is the "envelope/letter" Icon that is supposed to let you navigate to your mail program. It does not work.

If I am visiting a website and want to use their e-mail form, outlook ex. does not recognize it. I have to cut and paste the address using the icon on the desktop to open my mail program.

Any suggestions?

Could I just re-install Outlook and not lose any of my saved mail and my settings? I don't have the passwords for 2 of e-mail addresses and if that gets wiped out i'm kinda screwed.

Thanks,

Scott

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open internet explorer and click on tools > internet options > programs tab > make sure that outlook express is chosen for your default email program...

ScottAz

ScottAz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
When I open tools -programs....

There is nothing in the e-mail box and nothing in the pull down menu.

It won't let me enter into the space manually either.