Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Needing to clear out history

• Please log in to reply

eric1489

eric1489

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So in my quest to clean out my computer from visited sites, I am losing the battle. I open internet explorer and head to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, GENERAL, and delete all files, delete all cookies, and clear history. But for whatever reason in the uppermost section where it says WEBPAGE, there still seems to be a bit of history in that locale. Also the same webpage pops up in the the web browser when it tries to anticipate where you are headed. Is there any way to clean this up? I tried to go into regedit and do some stuff, but I could not figure it out. Maybe that is the place and I am just clueless, but maybe it is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ej

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at tools, internet options, content, auto complete, settings

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Also try running a "Disk Cleanup"

Goto:
> Start
> All Programs
> Accessories
> System Tools
> Disk Cleanup

Do a disk clean up on your root directory. Also programs like "Webroot Windows Washer" cleans out all traces of where you have been on the net.

http://www.webroot.c...s/windowwasher/

Try these too. Cool :whistling:

Sovereign

Sovereign

• Pip
  • 5 posts
>Right Click on the Start Button
>Properties
>Customize
>Clear

Browsing the internet with an alternative browser like Firefox makes it alot easier, too. It's also a heck of a lot safer.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Talking about safety let me try and intrest you in a very powerful program "Firefox". Firefox also has its own clean out cache thing built in. Also this is great security cause many exploits and vundrs are made for IE. Installing this web browser can save you alot of problems.

So why not download it now???

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Cool :whistling: