Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook email help please

• Please log in to reply

guitwiz

guitwiz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
My deleted emails mailboxes need help.

Is there a way to make sure that junk emails do not go to the deleted email box, but instead get entirely eliminated? It is the junk emails that are clogging up my mailboxes.

Also, my deleted email box automatically drops emails off to archive after 90 days, but when they hit the archive they disappear. The archive deleted email folder is always empty. I want access to deleted emails older that 90 days.

Thanks
:whistling:

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Are you running Microsoft outlook or outlook express? In Microsoft Outlook, you can establish rules concerning where to send the junk emails.

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Are you running Microsoft outlook or outlook express? In Microsoft Outlook, you can establish rules concerning where to send the junk emails.

I am running outlook.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
what version are you running? for 2003, they have a junk mail folder. With 2000, you can run a rules wizard to create junk mail from hitting your inbox.

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

what version are you running? for 2003, they have a junk mail folder. With 2000, you can run a rules wizard to create junk mail from hitting your inbox.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
the junk email folder is already built in. Each time you receive a junk email, if it's not delivered to the box, right-click on it and label it as junk email.

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
so once they are in the junk mail folder, how do i get the files to be deleted completely instead of being sent to the deleted email folder?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You can right-click -- empty junk mail folder. or you can

Go to edit, select all, right-click and hit delete. They will go to the deleted files folder. right-click on deleted files folder>>then click on empty deleted items folder.