Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Authentication codes for a currently running program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

larryshep

larryshep

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a copy of Microsoft Office 2000 installed on my computer and the hard drive is beginning to fail. I receive numerous error messages but I am still able to run all of my Office Professional programs. I am running in Windows ME and part of the problem is that due to the partial failure of the drive, I can't even use the control panel. I have run Belarc Advisor and it confirms the drive failure and only gives the ID # of the program. I have tried emailing the manufacturer of the machine (Atlas Micro Logistics) and the address I have for them keeps sending the mail back. I don't believe from my searching that they are in business any longer. (If someone knows otherwise, please let me know how to contact them). Any advice as to how to glean the authentication code from the program would be very much appreciated. I am afraid that at any time the drive will completely fail and I will be SOL.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry but software doesn't keep the registration codes anywhere easy to get to...and due to the nature of this forum and our site rules we cannot help you with issues such as this....as we cannot verify actual ownership...you could, for all we know, be trying to steal the REG code off of someone elses machine (not saying you are...saying you COULD BE)...in light of that we cannot offer assistance in this matter...this thread will now be closed...if you have any issues with this please pm a mod or an admin