Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wont boot up

• Please log in to reply

mdoggy40

mdoggy40

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a p4, windows xp pro, 512 ram, crashed and couldnt boot it up. i tried the hard drive on another comp. it worked fine. Took the ram strip out of bad comp and tried in other one and it worked fine.
Fans work, lights come on but nothing on screen. no beeps either. I am guessing mother board but was wondering if i could narrow it down. i even thought it might be the video so i put a video card in the screwed up comp, still no good.

So, any ideas on what to check, dont want to replace mb, if thats not what it is.

Advertisements

quim88

quim88

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Try your CPU in an other Monitor if it still not working the problem my be with the video card. :whistling:

mdoggy40

mdoggy40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tried a vid card in it and still no go. also tried 2 moniters. Any other ideas?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you say you tried another video card in the thing...

does the computer have onboard video? or were you originally using an expansion card (agp, pci, pcie)? what kind of card did you test with...
can you see the bios information at all on the screen...or totally blank?

mdoggy40

mdoggy40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
screen is totally blank. It has onboard video, so i tried a working agp vid card on it. no luck.