Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Qustion

• Please log in to reply

hayzee

hayzee

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I thought I'd heard about something that could convert a PCI slot to AGP.....does such a thing exist?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The whole point of having a AGP slot on motherboards was by making it a dedicated slot up to 8 times faster than the PCI bus speed. Making an adapter for this would be pointless because you would be going back to the shared PCI bus speed which kills the agp cards speed.

Now there is a PCI-E slot to AGP card adapter. I think this would work for people too cheap to buy a new video card when they buy a new PCI-E motherboard. Funny thing is that PCI-E video cards are coming down to match the agp video card prices so its really pointless to do something like this.

http://www.albatron....asp?news_id=167

SRX660