Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inspiron 6000

• Please log in to reply

JuiceBox007

JuiceBox007

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Almost every time I close my laptop and then open it later, it won't do anything. Sometimes, when I open it, it'll bring me back to where I was, but most of the time, I just get a black screen and I have to hold down the power button and restart it. I think it's going into Hibernate mode. Is there a way I can turn that off? :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi JuiceBox007...

Right click on the Desktop and choose "Properties". Under the "Screen Saver" tab, click on the "Power" button. Under the "Hibernate" tab, make sure the box next to Enable Hibernation is not selected. Apply any changes you make and exit Display Properties.

Does this help?

wannabe1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also..under the advanced tab in the same area there...make sure that in the section labled "when i close the lid of my portable computer" isn't set to shut down or hibernate or something like that...

JuiceBox007

JuiceBox007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you so much. No more wasting time restarting it. :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad we could help! :whistling: