Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help with MSN MESSENGER..it just vanishes!

• Please log in to reply

blitz2k1

blitz2k1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling:

i started to get this problem about 3-4 days ago. Basically whenever i start up msn messenger 7.5 , i sign in and it loads up fine....then about 5 seconds later it just dissapears of the screen...the icon onthe task bar also vanishes!....and then when hit ctr alt dlt..... its in the system tray still operating? how does this make sense? .....i tried to use windows messenger...and that works fine. I have windows xp. This problem is totally irritating me as i use msn messenger for my business and this is just a hassle. Can somebody please help me?....i tried mccaffee virus scan...it found no virus...i also tried the one on trendmicros website (housecall virus scanner) that found a few but deleted them rite away. And the problem is still happening! My computer also seems slower now too in various programs it lags....alot and it never used to do this. I have not installed any programs for the past 5 months!

Edited by blitz2k1, 04 April 2006 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
blitz2k1 doesn’t sound like a virus I have the same problems with AIM it will jest hid itself for sum mysteries resin I would recommend going through the settings and checking if you have it on auto hid.

blitz2k1

blitz2k1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

blitz2k1 doesn’t sound like a virus I have the same problems with AIM it will jest hid itself for sum mysteries resin I would recommend going through the settings and checking if you have it on auto hid.

i think its a virus....becaues there is no autohide feature on msn....and this is the same problem with search function on my xp! when i try to do a search it also dissapears

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
In mesenger Tools / Check off "Always on Top". See if that helps.