Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

alt - f4

• Please log in to reply

Canus

Canus

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
basically when i push alt f4 to bring up the task maneger and nothing happens. im not sure if its a virus or an error or what, any ideas of what to do anyone?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Your are right, the should be close window, do you want to live with it or try system restore, or last know good config, or repair the XP with CD?

Edited by fleamailman, 04 April 2006 - 01:00 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Canus, pressing Alt F4 does not bring up task manager the correct buttons are "Ctrl + Alt + Del". Or you can goto your takbar and rightclick and go down to "Task Manager". Alt F4 is used to exit apllications.

Cool :whistling:

Canus

Canus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Hey there Canus, pressing Alt F4 does not bring up task manager the correct buttons are "Ctrl + Alt + Del". Or you can goto your takbar and rightclick and go down to "Task Manager". Alt F4 is used to exit apllications.

my mistake. it was really late when i typed this, what i meant was crtl + alt delete....i must have been thinkin of something else at the time

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
What so when you try pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" Nothing happends??? Try going to "C:\Windows\system32\" and look for "taskmgr.exe" make sure its named correctly then open it from there and let me know waht happends.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
or do start > run > taskmgr

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Or if you Right click on the gray area in your taskbar in the bottom of the monitor and choose "Task Manager" does it come up then?

Canus

Canus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
for some reason or another task manager was named something else... i dont know why, but its been fixed and the problem was solved. thank you all

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what was it named? t?skmngr?

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

what was it named? t?skmngr?

Yeah Canus you might want to find out why if you did not do it.You might have a buggy you don't know about.Better safe than sorrry