Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows media Player 10

• Please log in to reply

springbok

springbok

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I run XP Home SP2 - updated regularly - and use Windows Media Player 10.

I have two DVD drives fitted, one a player, one a player/recorder. For Burning I use Nero - even tho' there is a compatibility problem with XP (I'm told).

For some reason, whenever I put a blank DVD or CD disc into the DVD recorder, Windows Media opens up a screen asking what files I'd like to burn.

The way I see it, it's none of Media Players business, and I didn't ask it to butt in while I'm trying to work. :whistling:

I've checked the Media Player 'Options' including 'advanced' - but can see nothing that might teach it a lesson for popping up unannounced.

All help will be welcome and much appreciated. Snag is, tho' it seems a small prob, it takes quite a while for this screen to appear, download fully, then vanish when 'close' is clicked.
And I have tried - honest!

Thanks in advance, :blink:

Springbok

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there springbok, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Goto:
> Explorer
> Right cick on the drive that keeps poping up
> Properties
> Autoplay Tab

You will then see options, change them to your own options (eg. Music Files = Play Using Windows Media Player)

Cool :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then my computer, right click the DVDRW Drive, click properties then autoplay set it like this

[attachment=7682:attachment]

Click apply

OR

put the dot in select an action to perform, put the dot in take no action, click apply

springbok

springbok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey, thanks guys. I didn't expect a reply so quickly. And, what's more, it worked!

I've just put 15 different discs in the DVD player just to teach it a lesson! :blink:

Ok, so it was only 4 discs, but I did poke my tongue out at Windows Media Player - just like a kid sometimes :whistling:

Seriously, thanks again, that was really bugging me, your help is appreciated - I'm delighted.

Springbok :help:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know