Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c-media ac97

• Please log in to reply

adawg

adawg

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
The only thing I can say for sure is that I have no sound and in device manager the only thing with a yellow flag is listed as c-media ac97. Anyone know how to fix with the hopes of getting some sound?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there adawg, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Try re-installing drivers. You can find the drivers here: (Realtek should work)

Note: Before you install these drivers, have a look around for the drivers that came with your computer and install those, if not continue on.

http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1

Let me know if they worked. When done just make sure that the sound card is pluged in correctly and that the speakers are in correctly.

Cool :whistling:

adawg

adawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
that is what i just did and when installing it gave me the, this has not been tested for windows xp compatibility screen, so i clicked continue anyways and it gave me a blue screen and did a restore.....

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there again adawg, wow thats surprizing. It worked for me. And it was tested on XP, ME, 2000,ect.

But anyway, try downloading from this site:

http://www.softwarep...media-9738.html

Once you opened this link check "Requirements" on the page. (It says XP so it shouldnt give you any problems)

Cool, let me know if it worked. :whistling:

adawg

adawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i was unable to download that file.....i also uninstalled the device and then let windows find it but that didnt work either - i have also updated the driver through the device manager/properties screen......