Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Exporting MS Outlook 2K info.

• Please log in to reply

APCSystems

APCSystems

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Is there a way to get all of my email info. from my old PC (inbox, deleted items, sent items, calendar, tasks, etc) onto a new PC. Is there like an export all feature or something, or is it not possible.

Also, why is it that if I check my email on Outlook but don't read them, they wont' show up when I go into my webmail. Not sure if that makes sense, but basically, if I hit send/receive in Outlook, and I receive 40 new emails but don't read any of them, then go to my Comcast webmail, those emails aren't there b/c I already received them through Outlook. Is there a way to change that? And is there also a way that emails will come through automatically without hitting the send/receive button?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Note The procedures in this article only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Corporate or Workgroup option. With this option, you can use Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) services. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook, on the Help menu. If you have the Corporate or Workgroup installation, you see "Corporate or Workgroup".

http://support.micro...kb/195719/en-us

APPLIES TO

• Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition

• Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition

• Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition

To leave a copy on the server

Open Outlook

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

Select your ISP account, and then click Change.

Click More Settings.

Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.

Click apply

http://office.micros...1507931033.aspx